About Filament’s Sensory-Friendly Performances:
Sensory-friendly performances are designed to create a performing arts experience that is welcoming to all families with children with autism or with other sensory sensitivities.
- Gather Saturday March 19th at 2:30pm
Accommodations for this performance may include:
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds;
- Lights remain on at a low level in the theater during the performance;
- A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience.
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance;
- Space throughout the theater for standing and movement;
- Fewer tickets will be sold making for a smaller audience size;
- Filament staff will be on hand to be inviting and accommodating to families’ needs.
- A “Social Story” may be available for download to help prepare for the performance at home.
“I, as well as my students, look forward to coming to the Sensory-Friendly performances put on by the Filament Theater group each year. From the accessibility details when designing the set, to the interactive features throughout the performances, the whole production is thoroughly planned to fit a very diverse audience. Each student feels welcomed and gains a true theater experience as the actors are not phased by behaviors or sounds that may occur from the audience. Not only is it a theater experience, but it is also a learning opportunity for Community Based and Life Skills instruction.” – Jamie Vogenthaler, Chicago Public Schools Learning Behavior Specialist
Please Note: Individuals without sensory sensitivities or not accompanying those who do are encouraged to attend a different performance.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.