curated by young audiences
Do you ever…DREAM about what type of play you’d make if you were in charge? IMAGINE what it’s like to be a director? WONDER how a theatre chooses its shows?
Filament needs 3rd-8th graders just like you to join our team!
Join SPARK and choose the art, plays, and projects made at Filament this year.
How does it work?
SPARK is a program of new art, plays, and projects chosen by young people.
- Join our team of Youth Curators.
- Attend special workshops with Filament directors, actors, and designers.
- Review amazing ideas from artists all over the country.
- Choose your 3 favorite ideas and see them brought to life at Filament during 2022
What will I be doing?
Youth curators will meet at Filament on Saturdays from 10:00am – 12:00pm from January 8 – February 12th, 2022.
Curators will learn how elements like design and community affect the types of plays you see on stage. Curators will learn what it’s like to run a theatre, how to select new plays for production, and choose 3 new projects that will be developed and performed at Filament in 2022 as part of the SPARK program: new work for young people, curated by young people.
Youth curators will also have the opportunity to attend workshops with the professional artists they select for the SPARK program.
How do I join?
- Apply by December 1, 2021
- You will need a letter of recommendation from any adult who knows you well.
- If we have a spot for you, you will be notified via email by December 10th, 2021.
- There are no fees or tuition for this program.